Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 
another great baking blog

http://bakingsheet.blogspot.com/

I found this blog site online when I was looking for recipes for homemade crackers. My daughter loves graham crackers and ritz-type crackers and I wanted to make them myself so she wouldn't be eating so many preservatives. I came across this blog site - beautiful pictures and commentary and looks like great recipes. I haven't tried the graham craker recipe yet, but it looks fairly easy. I'll let you know how it turns out.

If anyone has recipes for buttery ritz-like crackers, please post them. I searched for an hour on the internet and came up with nothing.

Comments:
My "King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook" has 3 cracker recipes but none a mock Ritz cracker. Let me know if you're interested in one of them. Meanwhile I'll keep an eye open for one. After all that little one needs the best possible nutrition.

Great profile photo!!
 
I found this cracker recipe here:
http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/WhtCrckrs.asp

It doesn't look like a Ritz type but it might do until a better one comes along.
 
Your daughter is like many of us---we like the taste of butter! I'll keep looking for you. But it sounds like you have the right idea in trying different ingreidents.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?